This is a co-ed endurance hike to raise funds for the nonprofit organization
Rescue:Freedom International. Rescue Freedom exists to empower the rescue and restoration of women and children suffering in sexual slavery. With partner sites in five countries, they have touched the lives of over 48,000 women and children.
Come into the wild and embark on a journey of personal growth all while joining the fight against human trafficking! The goal for this endurance hike is to push personal limits, step out of our comfort zone and conquer one of the most breathtaking and challenging 24 mile hikes in the Pacific Northwest while generating funds and awareness for the organization Rescue Freedom. If you would like to learn more visit them at www.rescuefreedom.org.
Registration Opens for 2019 hike on August 20th @ 6am!
The 2019 dates are July 31, August 1, and August 2. You will be responsible for transportation to Leavenworth, WA the day before your hike and plan for 2 nights of hotel accommodations. The hike hub and recommended hotel is http://linderhof.com. We are able to take 36 hikers for this event and we will be hiking in groups of 8 (with 2 experienced leaders) max due to official trail limitations. THE COST IS $200. Half of the ticket sales go directly to Rescue:Freedom to kick off our $75,000 campaign! The other $100 goes into an account to cover expenses for gear for leadership, training accountability, planning, car permits, snacks/drinks at the end of the hike, travel for experienced leaders that will guide you through the trail, hospitality crew, swag bag, etc.
There are 12 spots open for each day. Day 1 is Wednesday, July 31. Day 2 is Thursday, August 1st. Day 3 is Friday, August 2nd. Once registered you will be added to the FB training group and receive a welcome email.
Please read the following physical requirements before signing up.
- Currently or soon to start working out 3-4 days a week
- Agree to 10 weeks of training hikes beginning the end of May (as we get closer the weekly hikes will require 4-5 hours on your feet)
- Agree to make this hike about the greater purpose
- Agree to 3 accountability phone calls during the training period
- Agree to provide your own lodging, food, and transportation to Leavenworth Washington
- Agree to share the campaign page and links to create awareness and ask if your friends and family would like to donate to the cause (there is no minimum requirement)
- Understand that we are not promised blue skies and sun shine on the day of the hike (we will pray)
- Agree to purchasing the required gear (day pack, hiking shoes, water filter, bear spray, hiking poles)
- Agree to hike at your own risk and sign a liability release before the event
- Understand that this is a HARD 24 mile hike (going from 2600ft to 7800ft in the first 6 miles and descending over boulders, roots, and rocks)
- Understand that if you do not follow the training requirements we reserve the right to release you from the event for the safety of all participants
- Agree to HAVE FUN!
Thank you for considering being part of an adventure that will free people all over the world!